Saturday, September 1, 2012

Shafts of light


John 8:12-20
Getting up is not easy for me. Today I made it downstairs before the sun was fully arisen. it was that time when watery shafts pierce the darkness of the trees, beams of heavy dew penetrating the lingering mist. A voice said "Get your camera and capture this'. I did not. If I had a could have shared it with you now an dnot had to rely on my verbal description. Words cannot describe the glory of God.



Light has a fascination for me, especially rays of light in dark places . Such scenes as this morning are a 'thin place' for me.

A Walk in the Forest

I grope through the forest of life.
Daily living darkens my soul
Great oaks of busyness cast shadows over my day.
Never do I pause to stop and pray,
To marvel at the beauty of the battered path
Worn by footsteps of the past.
Let me out of here, this is not my way.
Where is my pedestal of fame?
Inconspicuous motherhood, slave of time.
Shafts of light pierce the canopy of gloom
Spectrums, rainbows of brilliant white
Minutia extraordinaire,
Guides for the frustrated soul.
Blessed lanterns in despair
Illumine singly the glories of your plan
Details freely given for those who care.


Photograph - the road behind our house.

No comments: