Friday, September 20, 2013

Equality

1 Corinthians 3:16-23

Winston Churchill is famous. He was a leader in a time of crisis.
I am watching cars drive by our house. It is the time for going to work and taking children to school. I do not recognize any of the cars. I do you not know either the drivers or the passengers. Even if I was told their name it would probably mean nothing to me, not the same as if you said "Winston Churchill" or even maybe Rowan Williams or Justin Welby, who is just beginning to make a name as a Christian Leader.
To God they are all the same, Winston Churchill, Rowan Williams, Justin Welby and each of the people passing my house. You and I and them, we all belong to Christ and to God, whether we are wise or foolish. Famous leader living in the light of Christ or the limelight of the world stage or just the man in the car sharing God's love with his neighbour. We are all God's temple, equally.

No comments: