Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Village Life

Matthew 5:38-48

Chocolat is one of my favourite movies. I like the story and I tend to like anything with Judi Dench in it. I like the insight into French small village life. Thus I get a kick every time I go to the boulangerie and am greeted with "Bonjour Madame". My reality is the dream or is it that the dream is now my reality? The fact is that I like it when people who do not know each other look one another in the eye and say "Hello", whatever the language. It seems to come easier in a village.
Yesterday I was walking the dogs when a lady watering her plants started talking to me. Maybe it was me who opened the conversation, but it all started with a look and a smile. During the conversation she asked me where I lived because she had seen me in various parts of the village. Village people notice, whether family or not. I missed this whilst in lived in the city.
I like to think that Jesus always looked directly at those whom he met.

No comments: