Thursday, September 19, 2013

Mourn

Matthew 5:1-10

I have mourned. I did not mourn for my father, I was too young to understand the total separation of death. I mourned for my mother, dying alone in her Old People's Home bed whilst, I her only child, was thousands of miles away making a life for myself and my family. I mourned for Matthew our son dying as he cried on the back seat of the car. What could I have done differently that might have prevented his death? I mourned for my friend Pat who the moment she knew that she had a terminal disease made a hair appointment saying "How can I go to meet Jesus without having my hair cut?". I miss our weekly conversations.

Each of these people has left a hole in my life. The wound is no longer open and gaping, but it is still there. A scar to remember the event. Like most old injures though the pain is diminished.





No comments: