Thursday, November 14, 2013

Confused

Matthew 16:1-12

I am with the disciples, confused!

Jesus talks about yeast and bread. I know about that, having baked our daily bread most of the Twenty years we lived in the States. But he really means "Beware of your leaders, they might not be as genuine as you think".

He quotes the Old Wives Tale "Red sky in the morning sailors' warning. Red sky at night shepherds' delight." Yes, I do look at the sky as an indication of the weather. I read an explanation of this phenomenon on the IRM ( Royal Belgian Meteorological)  page last year  but I cannot find it now. All I can find is an explanation of why the sky is red. Dark clouds foretell a storm.

But the daily events of life? I have difficulty interpreting them as the path that God has laid for me. I know it is somewhere out there or even in here.









No comments: