Monday, November 25, 2013

The Valley of Decision.

Joel 3: 1-2, 9-17

This is the famous phoughshares into swords passage but today it was not the idea of God gathering his people together but more the thought that I have to make a decision. A task which I find very difficult. Even deciding what to have for dinner can cause me stress. Life-changing decisions are thus a big problem, perhpas that is way the image is a valley not a mountain-top. After the decision is made there is the relief and feelings of euphoria.
Shall I write or not write? Shall I do another degree or not? Shall I work or not. Is the effort that I make to go to work worthwhile, are the relationships which I form there in God's plan or should I be pursuing  the writing or the degree or both? How to guide my offspring, especially when they ask for help in making their decisions. These are situations which I find difficult. I want to do what God wants me to do. But how do I know what that is?
I have to make a decision. God is coming. Perhaps my decision is made, perhaps it is enough that my desire is to do God's will. I am for him.

No comments: