Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Living Stone

1 Peter 2:1-10

Yesterday I lost my watch. I did not discover it was missing until this morning when it was not where I keep it overnight. This morning the washing machine leaked. A neighbour has the number of a Fix-it man but that means going to see her to get the number. I want to search for my watch, probably I lost it on a doggy walk. I have looked in all possible places in the house, including bringing in le sac à poubelle and sorting through its contents and sifting through the compost pot. My head as usual, yesterday was full of this and that, plans for the rest of the evening, the morrow, plans for the Advent book, what speed I was walking. Yes I looked at my watch but I cannot remember where.

And the relevance of my little problems to this passage? Christ is a solid rock, the cornerstone. He has called me out of darkness into light. Somewhere there is light. This is my comfort.


No comments: