Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Acorns



Job 42:1-17
Psalm 72
Acts 16:16-24
John 12:20-26


John 12:20-26

It is not grains of wheat but acorns that I almost see in my sleep this week. Hurricane Ike 'harvested' acorns. Our front yard is covered in oak twigs still with leaves and acorns attached. I do not want that many baby oak trees. Our three oak threes have done their part and produced many embryonic trees. Most of these fallen acorns will remain acorns, maybe slightly dried for many years to come. They are being raked and bagged, destined to the landfill where they will be squeezed so tight that air, microbes and any other natural elements necessary for the process of decay or development is almost excluded; one could say that there will be no place to breathe, hence live and emerge into another form be it compost or young oak.

Do I want the pressures of life keep me just as I am, to stifle my growth and potential?

No comments: