Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Flowers


Job 12:1, Job 14:1-22
Psalm 38
Acts 12:18-25
John 8:47-59

Job 12:1, Job 14:1-22


Flowers are a joy. In the yard their give color to the landscape. In the house they bring a reminder of the wonders of creation.
My rose Mrs B R Cant is seldom without a bloom. The little twig that I bought fifteen years ago is a six feet tall bush spreading out for eight feet. People stop to admire it. I cut the blossoms and share them with my friends. Their delicate fragrance can fill a room.

My life too may be fleeting. To whom am I a reminder of the joy of God's love? To whom do I bring color and life. freedom from the daily treadmill and an uplifting of the heart. Tough, but it's what Jesus does for me and therefore that is what I need to be as His body today.

Tomorrow I wll add a photograph of Mrs B R Cant!

No comments: