Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bread

1 Corinthians 10:14-17,11:27-32

I am going to the boulangerie to day to buy bread. There is nothing unusual about that. Today because of this passage it will be a different experience for me. I will not even think about buying some 'pistolets' (bread rolls) I shall go for a loaf of bread, one to share with my family. A loaf that will be cut or torn into portions, we shall discuss how much each of us wants. We shall have to share the bread. We shall each receive exactly the same nutrients.
Even within our family we have our differences. Within our church family there are even more differences. Last week I upset both the other members of our coffee team, one by including her name in an email that I sent and the other by not including her. I feel bad about it. I hope they can forgive me and understand that we are all part of the same church family. I will learn not to take people for granted. I would not want to injure another part of my own body. But when I did break my elbow I had to live with it, it was still part of my body with its plaster and pain.
One bread, one body, one family, one church family one worldwide family united in Christ.

No comments: