Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rejoice always.

Philippians 4:1-13


" 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

Maybe " 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me". The seen bit I am not so sure about. It is much easier to lecture about than to practice rejoicing in all circumstances and thinking noble and pure thoughts.

Take driving for instance. When I light changes to red just in front of me do I thank God for the mini rest He is giving me or grouch that I am not completing my agenda as fast as I would like?

My current anxiety is that I bought some, by my standards, expensive curtain material and forgot to take matching the pattern into account. Also the curtain lining was not the same width as the previous lot which I had bought at the same shop. I have not yet got to the stage of rejoicing over the circumstance. I am in a state of anxiety. Perhaps if I pray God will guide me to a solution. And why did I write "Perhaps..." I should trust.

I will sing -in my head not wanting to inflict my singing on anybody other than God and myself- "I will rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice"

No comments: