Monday, April 18, 2011

Curiosity

John 12:9-19

I like to go for walks, look at rivers, lakes, streams, forests oceans, beaches, old houses, old mills, new buildings...anything, especially places that I have heard about or read about. I find shopping in my local city fascinating- going on a bus from from shopping area to another one passes the Royal Palace, the Museum of Musical Instruments, an area which was a palace at the time of Charlemagne with underground streets and banqueting halls. One sees the spire of the old Town Hall, a marker for the Grand Place. Many of the sidewalks in this area are filled with tourists seeing the sights of Brussels. We hear of somewhere that might be interesting and like lemmings we go there to see for ourselves.
People went to see Jesus, they went to see Lazarus because they had heard the news. They did not understand but they wanted to see. I want to see Jesus too. I do not understand what he went through. The whole thing seems 'bizarre' ( a word overused in French conversation) but without the sight of Jesus my life does not seem complete.

No comments: