Friday, April 1, 2011

Did I hear God?

John 8:33-47


47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

This is a very scary thought. I better get listening.

Have you heard God today? Did you listen?

Sometimes there is that little nudge to do something. A few days ago I wrote about seeing friends at the tyre shop. Going there that day had certainly not been anywhere near my agenda for that day (22nd March). There are other times too. I can think of a time when I wanted to go to a special grocery store but at the last minute went to a different one and there accidentally met a very lonely British lady who had just moved to Houston. Often I get the sense that perhaps I should keep mouth mouth shut in a situation. I am not being very specific am I?
I do believe that God guides us if we give him the opportunity and to me this is usually through a mild inclination, hardly describable.

No comments: