Thursday, March 31, 2011

Daytime view





John 8:12-20

The first time I went to Salt Lake City we arrived at night. Our hotel was on South Temple, just down the street from the towered and steepled temple. It was December. The streets and temple gardens were illumined by many Christmas lights which added to those of the temple. It was an awesome sight. I let Stephen have the room on the front of the hotel and took the one one the back with no spectacular view except a long low office block for myself.
Next I grouchily opened my curtains. I like a nice view from my bed. That is one reason we bought our current house - our bedroom window looks onto a cliff where blue-tits and blackbirds play. I was amazed. The backdrop for my dismal city view was snow-clad mountains.
How different the view was in the daylight. How different our view of life will be if we look at it in God's light.

This photograph was taken on a later summer visit to SLC. It shows the splendour of the temple lighting, without the added effect of the Christmas lights. Unfortunately I do not have a photograph of the magnificent mountains which I saw that morning which attested to the natural beauty of the place and my bad judgement!

No comments: