Sunday, March 20, 2011


Mark 3:31-4:9


I needed a babysitter. Two people in our Fellowship group could baby sit but they did not have transport and we lived in a couple of villages away from the church. Another couple had transport but no time. Yes the one pair brought the others who babysat and the first ones came and picked up the others when I came home from work. They were my family. Everywhere we go the lord seems to provide a family for us.
But what really brought this particular evening of my life to my mind was Psalm 24, not the passage from Mark about Jesus' claim as to who were his family. Our church was very fond of Graham Kendrick's "Lift up your heads O you gates". The chauffeur for my babysitters used to be the leader for this song so I never read Psalm 24 without thinking about him and the special times of worship we shared in at Wollaston and the practical love of the fellowship group.

Now that we live in the transient society of ex-pat Brussels it is even more important to be family.

No comments: