Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Great Cloud of Witness


Psalm 95

The title is from Hebrews 12:1-14 which is one of the other readings in the Episcopal Church's daily lectionary for today. But my thoughts were sparked by Psalm 95. We visited the area where I was raised this last January. I walked on the cliffs as I have done many many times before. The wonder of God's creation never ceases to amaze me.
God is my rock. Whatever happens to me he is there. One small portion of cliff is much mightier that I.
The ocean is ever changing. It can be a gently rippling bed on which one could almost imagine walking or a thunderous and hurling mass of motion.
Creation is truly spectacular.
I did not kneel but I did stand in awe of the beauty of this world and thank God for all that he has done and will do for me. This thought led me to thank God for the many people who influenced me in my childhood and brought me into a friendship with Him. Those kindly ladies and gentlemen who are part of the jigsaw puzzle of my life.
Jesus went into the desert to be apart from the world. He had his moments of doubt. I wonder what else he contemplated? Did He wonder how he came to this place in His life and who had guided Him to that point?

No comments: