Friday, May 17, 2013

Dad's new clothes

Psalm 102

How many clothes I have that were bought on a Foley's Red Apple Sale or as it now is a Macy's One Day Sale. Great clothes at irresistible prices. Wear them for a season and then discard. I have quite a few garments that are cast-offs from my generous friends who are better than me at discarding unwanted items.



God created the heaven and the earth.

Are the changes that happen to our planet God changing his wardrobe? We use his creation, often abusing it, causing holes in knees and elbows of the ozone layer and depleting mineral reserves. We layer chemicals on fields and gardens not trusting God to produce crops or because we know better.

Our Father can fix and mend, even cause new creations. He is the ultimate designer of haute couture, clothing the lily of the field and the sparrow on the housetop. Now I need to look after his wardrobe and get my tomato plants into the ground instead of leaving them languishig in a plastic bag.

  

No comments: