Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Our Father

Luke11:1-13
I really want to write today. This is one of my special comfort passages. Until recently it was the last few verses that were so precious  but over the last few months 'The Lord's Prayer' has taken on a new significance.
Martin Luther began and finished each day with this prayer. During Lent I tried to do the same and am endeavoring to continue.
Jesus speaking with his disciples says 'Our Father', not my father or even your father. I find this almost incredible. Jesus must be my brother and God, the Lord of the Old Testament, is our Pop.
Wow.
I would like to share some thoughts on the remainder of the prayer, maybe tomorrow I will continue with this topic rather than follow the lectionary.
In the meantime let us share some special time with our Dad.

No comments: