Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Biblical details

Luke 19:11-27

My husband can be very attentive to details. Today he brought to my attention that in this parable  Jesus said that the landowner summoned ten of his slaves (v 11) but later we only hear about three of them. I think I am relieved to know that Jesus is not consistent.
What I had noticed for the first time is that Jesus told the parable because the people thought that his kingdom would come into being soon. It has not yet which makes my desire to interpret the message of  parable even more real than it was yesterday. God has given me talents, he has given us all talents. Whatever he has given us, whether it is the ability to be a world renowned theological scholar, an investment banker, or a school crossing guard or an unemployed person looking for work we need not only yo use our talents but to increase them so that when he does return we will know that we have been faithful workers, not idly guarding what we have been given in anticipation of the returning master.

The next question is what are my talents. Do something and find out. Inactivity is not the answer.




No comments: