Monday, June 17, 2013

Garden friends.

Psalm 80

Verses 14 and 15 set me thinking.

I introduced David to magnolia trees and he in turn showed them to his mother. She bought us a magnolia soulangia for our last house in England. I always fund it strange visiting a place I have left but we have driven passed the house a few times and were sadden to see that the magnolia was no longer there. For us is was aide memoire for my mother-in-law.
How one thought can lead to another. Writing this reminds me of the two large magnolia grandiflora trees in our Houston front garden with their dinner plate fragrant cream blooms; and how one of my walking companions and I pulled up a self-set seedling. I wonder how the seedling is? Another walking partner gave me a watering can which has finished it's life in that capacity but is now a planter. My garden here is populated by gifts from friends. I spent Saturday afternoon clearing space for jerusalem artichoke plants given by a friend. I have geraniums for two gardens, an as yet unidentified shrub, lily of the valley, hellebores, and snowdrops. Each of them brings to mind a friend as I pass by.

So I continue to enjoy my day with my friends. As our priest said in his sermon yesterday, whilst quoting his grandmother "You are never closer to God than in the garden". Today I shall finish planting the artichokes and do some more weeding accompanied by my friends.



Unfortunately my picture does not seem to want to load correctly.





No comments: