Thursday, June 13, 2013

For the love of God

Psalm 71

One of my favourite reads is "The Practice the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence. It is a slim volume given to u,s as a parting gift, by one of the venerable gentlemen of the Ecumenical Bible Study that we were members of in Brookmans Park.

The book is not only slim it is also small, measuring about 10cms by 12cms yet within its pages is a mountain of treasure. It was not written by Brother Lawrence. On entering the monastery he was not considered educated enough to be a real monk yet his wisdom as recorded posthumously was such that it was recommended by notable men of faith such as John Wesley.

"The time of business does not with me differ from the time of prayer; and in the noise and clatter of my kitchen, while several persons are at the same time calling for different things, I possess God in as great tranquility as if I were upon my knees at the blessed sacrament.[1]

Whatever the job do it for the Love of God,  it is where he has placed you today.


No comments: