Friday, October 3, 2008

Sacred Stones


Hosea 10:1-15
Psalm 102
Acts 21:37-22:16
Luke 6:12-26

Hosea 10:1-15

I was watching the BBC News. I like to hear the news as it is told in my homeland. The story was that new research has shown that Stonehenge may not only have been a place of worship but may also have been viewed as a place of healing its Neolithic or Bronze Age builders. A recent dig there found evidence that it was an ancient Lourdes for both and European people from 2300BC through Roman to Medieval times. Amulets were chipped off the bluestones at the center and found in the graves of diseased and sick people in the neighborhood. These bluestones are very special. The only place where they are found in Britain is Pembrokeshire, many miles from Stonehenge. They were rolled on logs and shipped along the the Bristol Channel as the amp in the link shows. Special stones and a special place required special effort.

Now what are my sacred stones? What are reminders of God, his grace and love to me and those I meet and what do I really think is going to give me strength for my going on?

Photograph
Frédéric Vincent
This file is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 2.0 License (cc-by-sa-2.0)



No comments: