Monday, February 23, 2009

Apple Almond Cake

Deuteronomy 6:10-15
Psalm 25
Hebrews 1:1-14
John 1:1-18

Deuteronomy 6:10-15

It is easy to dessert the way one has been raised and assimilate the habits of those around one. Eating out was a treat, an event reserved for celebrations, possibly not even happening every year. People in the house was a norm, whatever the house was like- clean and tidy or otherwise. Walking, well what other option was there. No wonder Texas is known for its obesity.
Here is a cake recipe, I have baked it myself with far less sugar in it than the ready made one I would have bought if I had driven to the grocery store for one. I hope my friend will join me in my house for a slice.

4 ozs ( 1 stick) butter or margarine
4 ozs sugar
3 ozs almond meal (ground almonds- it took me 15 years to work out that these are the same product)
3 eggs
2 ozs flour
1 apple

Grease a 9inch round pan or 11x6 rectangle pan. Switch oven to 350 deg F.
Soften the butter and beat in the sugar. Beat until soft. add the eggs one at a time with some of the almonds.
Stir in the flour.
Pour into pan

Slice the apple and place on top of the cake. You could sift a little sugar over the top of the cake.
Bake for about 40mins

No comments: