Friday, February 13, 2009

Your Planting

Isaiah 61:1-9

"They" pulled out the country hedges and transformed our little lane into a faceless suburban road. flat and borderless. Then Mr and Mrs Trietsch had a vision. The barren area is transformed into a park for our enjoyment. Trees are planted along the drainage ditches, paths built seats and water fountains added. It is now a very pleasant place to walk. I do not know the Trietsches. I assume they live in our area but I am thankful for their concern for our world everytime I walk along the paths or drive down our ex-lane. I might bemoan the passing of the elderberry hedges and wild passionflowers but there is now a place for enjoyment and exercise.
Our plantings may not be so obvious but all that we do has an effect on prosterity. A little acorn grow a into a mighty oak.

No comments: