Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bread Pudding

Well I suppose I can never stick to a recipe.
Here is the original one that I was given to make and my adaptations because I was in a hurry and did not have any whole or 2% milk
1 soft frenc loaf
2 cups half & half
2 cups milk (whole or 2%) I used another 2 cups of half and half as I had 4 cups of it and no milk
3 eggs- slightly beaten
2 cups sugar I probably used about 1.5ish
3/4 cups chopped pecans- I used about 1 cup
3/4 cups raisins- I used about 1 cup
1 tbs+ 1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine I did not use this.

Tear bread into small pieces- mine were failry chunky- I was in a hurry,
Place in a large bowl, add half & half (& milk) Let stand 10 minutes
Stir well with a wooden spoon
Add eggs, sugar, pecans, vanilla, cinnamon
Mix well
Grease a 9x13" pan Pour mixture into pan. Bake 325 deg F for 55-60 mins until golden
Serve warm or cold. Can be topped with whipped cream or whiskey sauce. Personanly I would not contaminate a good pud with more sugar.

Mediations until Easter are on
http://hsechouston.blogspot.com/

I may continue to add recipes from time to time, maybe the odd thought or two as well

No comments: