Monday, August 27, 2012

Change of plan

Acts 9:19-31

Today I decided that I would weed the part of the garden that is not overrun with weeds. It is my aim to gradually increase the size of this patch. Maybe I am 75% of the way towards my objective. It is tea-time. Time for a little sit and a refreshing drink. A change from the battle with the thorn bushes.
Paul took no rest. He was determined to eradicate the world of the infidels and blasphemers who were gaining a foothold in the Jewish nation. They needed to be exterminated. He was resolute in his endeavour.

Scene 1 saw Paul as a man on a mission leaving Jerusalem.
Scene 2 Paul arrives in Damascus still with a mission. But he is now planting and not uprooting.

Announcing a change of plan can be difficult. Pride is delicate. This is one of the instances where I admire Paul.

No comments: