Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The contract

Psalm 119:121-144
One of my favourite scenes in classic films is the contract scene in the Marx Brothers "A Night at the Opera".  It popped into my mind this morning as I read verse 126.
We cast off God's rules as if they are irrelevant. But what rules are they that we are ignoring. One day we  emulate Jewish tradition with our list of taboos. The next day we tear a line out of the contract to please our current whim. Today I am convinced that lying is bad, tomorrow I take different angle on the truth to suit my convenience or my friend's feelings.
I hope that I never let

Luke 10:27
He answered, ‘“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind” ; and, “Love your neighbour as yourself.” ’
stop being my spiritual contract


No comments: