Monday, August 6, 2012

My family

Acts 2:37-47
Have I told you about Auntie Mary? We moved to Brookmans Park three weeks before Stephen was due. We knew nobody. We went to church, David, almost two year old Tom and I. The lady behind us decided to keep Tom quietly keep Tom entertained with fingers creeping along the back of the pew. She visited us during the next week, she stood and did my ironing.. When Stephen's time arrived Tom went to stay with her. This is more, much more than being taught and breaking bread together. It is more than a cup of coffee after church. It is as the Cursillo organization says
"Make a friend, be a friend, bring a friend to Jesus".
Mary was also instrumental is me reading my bible every day, a habit that I had allowed to lapse. Yes Mary was a member of the fellowship group that we joined at that church.
Now we have  new groups. Church seems empty when they are not in the congregation.


No comments: