Friday, December 7, 2012

100%

Luke 20:41-21:4

42For David himself says in the book of Psalms,
“The Lord said to my Lord,
‘Sit at my right hand, 
43   until I make your enemies your footstool.’ ” 
44David thus calls him Lord; so how can he be his son?’


This was a verse that I used to quote to two very gentle and kind Jehovah's witnesses who often used to visit me on Wednesday afternoons. Yes I give time to JW's and Latter Day Saints. I do not believe that their beliefs are correct but often their motives are pure. Perhaps I can share with them my brand of Christianity, perhaps we can all come to a closer friendship with God. 
There are also people in my life who do not profess a commitment to any religion but for whom compassion, as exemplified in the life of Christ is a way of life.
And there are the 'scribes' of Christianity. Those who make a show of following the letter of the law, those who say "I do not approve of your drinking, I do not approve of your friends, I do not approve..." Oops, now I am judging.
My current theme is recurring. All our time, all that we are is God's to be used in his service whether it is drinking tea with JW's or wine with my next door neighbour. 

No comments: