Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cockerels


Luke 22:31-38


Our Saturday morning routine is that after a different breakfast, that is different from the muesli of Monday to Friday and the fresh coque au chocolat and croissants of a Sunday we walk to Jeremey who grows vegetables and sells them on a Saturday and then go on the the farm for milk. David stands at the top of the drive with Ernest and Windermere and I go to negotiate the purchase of the milk. David talks to the hens who have coup near the road. As Madam De La Ferme says, though in French "It is their English lesson of the week". A big white cock lives with the brown hens. He struts amongst his harem.

There are many other cockerels in the village and usually I think of this passage whenever I see them. How much do I live up to my words?


No comments: