Monday, June 23, 2008

All Generations and Rice or Macaroni Pudding



Numbers 16:1-19
Psalm 89:1-18
Romans 3:21-31
Matthew 19:13-22


Psalm 89:1-18


My first thought when I read this verse was "What would David have thought if he knew that Jesus, the Son of God, would be one of his descendants?" David was not perfect but he reverenced God.
By the time I knew my grandparents they had stopped going to church regularly but I know they, especially my Grandma loved God. She sang hymns as she she cooked and I am sure she did not do it just because I was there though the hymns she sang might have been influenced by my presence.

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam

Jesus is a friend of little children

All things bright and beautiful

They might not be theologically correct but Grandma sining them in her aged voice demonstrated a love for God and a relationship with him. These facts were lost on me as an eight year old but now as I reflect on those times they become dear to me. I pray that I can exude a relationship with God to the succeeding generations in the same way that Grandma did to me. Just quietly go about my life with Jesus as my constant companion.

And what did Grandma cook? Everyday she made a rice or macaroni pudding for my grandfather. I was allowed the skin.

Rice or Macaroni Pudding

1 tbs short grain or pudding rice or 2 tbs macaroni
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 tbs sugar

Place all the ingredients in a greased ovenproof dish.
Bake at 300 deg F for 2 hours


How do I crop the photograph?

No comments: