Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Piece of Pie

Ecclesiastes 3:1-15
Psalm 119:49-72
Galatians 2:11-21
Matthew 14:1-12



Psalm 119:49-72

French & flourless chocolate cake, mincemeat pie deluxe, bakewell tart, homemade caramel icecream, or just apple pie. Sometimes you just need a protractor to make sure that everyone has the same amount because I am sure I do not want anyone to have a degree more than me! My natural instinct is to look critically at each plate and mentally measure each piece for equiangular distribution.

57 You are my portion, O LORD;
I have promised to obey your words.

God himself is my portion in life. That is a really big piece of pie. He is everything and can do everything- including helping me to take the smallest piece of pie without sulking.

He gave bread to the widow, (2 Kings 4), water to the woman at the well (John 4), and turned ordinary water into good wine (John 2:1-10).

Sounds like a good pie to be eating.


Please leave a comment if you would like a recipe.

No comments: