Monday, June 2, 2008

New Treasures and Old

Ecclesiastes 2:1-15
Psalms 41, 52
Galatians 1:1-17
Matthew 13:44-52

Matthew 13:44-52

We have just had a new kitchen floor - because the puppy ate the old one and we also had all the kitchen cabinets repainted. This involved emptying every cabinet and moving every item of furniture out of the room. We lived for a month in the entrance hall. Today I have finished emptying the last of the 55 boxes. The unwrapping has been a lengthy process. All the china needed washing, mainly because most of it had been languishing in the cupboard unused. It has been almost like having wedding gifts all over again. Today we ate our afternoon tea piece of chocolate off a plate that I have no idea where it came from and drank tea out of some cups that I bought in Cambridge. Because I was so terrified about breaking the delicate china on my journey home from the store on my bicycle I had the store deliver them for me. The deliver guys threw the box over the garden fence! One of the cups broke. So we had a story with the cups and just the pleasure of something new with the plates. Both enjoyable situations.

Jesus told some great stories. He is a well documented historical figure. Is he your friend today? He is mine he sent a friend to help with the unpacking and decorating the walls.

No comments: