Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Elephant through the eye of a needle






Numbers 16:20-35
Psalms 97, 99, 100
Romans 4:1-12
Matthew 19:23-30

I have an Indian Bean, must be about 3/8inch at its longest. Inside the bean is almost a whole zoo, an elephant, a giraffe,... all tiny carved out of ivory. I also have a very large needle used for sewing sacks. I am sure I could easily get the elephant through the eye of the needle. How often do I try to bend circumstances and claim them to be God's will? I hope never because with God all things are possible.

The bean came from the British Empire Exhibition in 1924 or 1925. My mother's family went to visit the exhibition. The photograph is of Uncle Winston, Grandma and Mother outside one of the halls at the exhibition.

The red is the bean, the little white specs are the animals, with some imagination you can work out that the one nearest to the needle is the elephant.

No comments: