Thursday, June 26, 2008

Seek


Numbers 17:1-11
Psalm 105:1-22
Romans 5:1-11
Matthew 20:1-16


Psalm 105:1-22

Yesterday I found a missing credit card. I knew it was in the house somewhere but it is a large and full house which had been in more turmoil than usual because of the 55 boxes of 'stuff' out of the kitchen. The credit card had been missing for over a week. I had looked in all the obvious places- my 'secret' place for cash known only to every member of the house, underneath my sock basket, in amongst the underwear, just lying on my desk, in the box of papers that came off my desk, in the key drawer. The card was to be found nowhere. Nobody could remember anything about it apart from the fact that it had arrived in the mail.
It would not be quite correct to say that I found it. I was sitting writing the blog yesterday when a little thought said to me to look in the credit card file- and that was where it was. My searches had achieved nothing except knowledge of where the card was not but if I had not done the searching I would not have done the thinking or entertained the thought that it might be in the filing cabinet.
True I was not seeking God though it could be argued that a credit card is almost considered a god in this materialistic society.
I was happy to find the card and grateful to the 'little voice'. Two causes for rejoicing-the finding and the method of finding.


No comments: