Tuesday, October 1, 2013

God's Indwelling Word

Psalm 100

I have told you before but I will recount my dislike of rote learning again. I find learn by heart very difficult. This is my excuse for having problems learning a foreign language, or even the native language of the village where I live. Lists of words do not stick in my brain. I am very thankful that English is my mother tongue because I am sure I would find it more impossible, if there were such a category of difficulty,  to learn than French which I am attempting.

We had to learn Psalm 100 when I was in Infant School. It was a very small school so some lessons were everybody together. The whole school was told to learn Psalm 100. I think I did it. I certainly remember trying. I may not have remembered it then but now every time Psalm 100 is the Psalm of the day the words flow easily from my lips, well at least the first verse.

Yesterday I read a page or two of Andrew Murray's With Christ in the School of prayer. His text for the chapter entitled Word and Prayer was "If ye abide in me, and my words in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" John 15:7

Psalm 100 dwells in me. Perhaps my prayers would be answered if I prayed God's own words rather than issuing my shopping list.

No comments: