Monday, October 21, 2013

My Gods

Jeremiah 14: 1-14


"What is it that prevents you from thinking about God?" was a question posed during one of the sermons which I heard yesterday. Of course it is a minor miracle that I remember this or any sentence from either sermon. At the time I gave it a cursory thought and that was that. Nothing came immediately to mind. Life continued.

This morning whilst we were praying my mind took a little wander. What food did I have in the house, what did I need to buy, what is my timetable for the week? This led me to remember the question from the sermon and passage from Jeremiah which I had read just a few minutes earlier.

How am I going to address these fixations? Maybe the greater one is one of organization, the planning of food and other activities come under this umbrella. Yet I pride myself on being able 'to go with the flow'. Perhaps therein lies another God.

No comments: