Thursday, July 10, 2008

Deep Waters & Rock


Deuteronomy 3:18-28
Psalm 18:1-20
Romans 9: 19-33
Matthew 24:1-14

Psalm 18:1-20

16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.

Windermere has just started to swim. I suppose with a name like Windermere one would expect him to swim though he is named after the Oscar Wilde character, Lord Windermere. Windy swims at the dog park. He is very pleased with himself. If there is a dog in the park who Windy wants to impress then he will go to the pool and swim. He usually hugs the side of the pool but recently he has been going across the pool. I have already tried to fathom the depth of the pool, wondering whether to go in myself or send Becky if Windy has problems. I do not know if the hound is worried about the depth of the water if the fear is a result of my imagination. I am not sure what I fear. Maybe that Windy will forget how to swim, certainly not that a large wave will come and bowl him over then the undertow will drag my furry baby out to sea. There is no ocean. There are no waves.
What is there to fear from the depths of the doggy pool?
Life can be scarry. We can embark on projects that are too much for us. Life and its commitments of time and money can be overwhelming. God is there and in control. I know.

And for Rocks and one of my favorite places see April 3rd.

Recipe

Rock Buns

1.5 cups of flour
3 tps baking powder
0.5 tps mixed spice or pumpkin pie spice
0.5 tps ground nutmeg
1 stick margarine
1 cup raisins
0.25 cup dried peel (optional but I would not omit it)
0.5 cup sugar
1 egg
milk to mix

1. Place flour and spice in a bowl, rub in margarine until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
2. Add raisins, peel and sugar. Mix well with a spoon
3. Add egg, mix
4. Gradually add milk and mix until the mixture is a stiff dough.
5. Spoon into small piles on a greased baking tray.
6. Bake 15-20 minutes at 375 deg F.

Eat with your tea!

No comments: