Monday, July 14, 2008

Lift Up, Triumph


Joshua 2:1-14
Psalm 25
Romans 11:1-12
Matthew 25:1-13


Psalm 25

I was a John Elway fan. Denver was playing on Monday Night Football the evening I was in hospital to have Naomi. Elway was injured so I was able to get on with the purpose of my visit.

I watched the 1998 Superbowl to the very end, that is not the end of the game but the part where the victorious quarterback holds aloft the Vince Lombardi Trophy grinning all over his face and turns around so that the whole arena can absorb the triumph.

Do I lift up my soul to God, exultant in the knowledge that my trust in Him will bring me to the goal of my life?

"Do not let me be put to shame,
nor let my enemies triumph over me."

May I watch out for those sins which seem to make me do what I do not want to do. (I am with Paul there).

4 Show me your ways, O LORD,
teach me your paths;

5 guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

This is my prayer for the day.






image
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Lombardi_Trophy

No comments: