Thursday, July 3, 2008

Harvest


Numbers 22:41-23:12
Psalm 119:145-176
Romans 7:13-25
Matthew 21:33-46


Matthew 21:33-46

One of my favorite hymns which I never sung in the US but which is sung frequently at harvest time in Britain is

We plough the fields, and scatter
The good seed on the land,
But it is fed and watered by God's almighty hand:
He sends the snow in winter,
The warmth to swell the grain,
The breezes and the sunshine,
And soft refreshing rain:

All good gifts around us
Are sent from heaven above;
Then thank the Lord, O thank the Lord,
For all his love.

M. Claudius Tr J M Campbell



The harvest of my life is all given from God. It is his, not mine. I need to acknowledge this and not give myself the glory or keep anything for myself except the minimum wage. Ouch.


No comments: