Tuesday, December 6, 2011

An oasis


Today is Tuesday but it should be Wednesday. This is a Wednesday verse.

For with you is the well of life: and in your light shall we see light.

The deep down cold refreshing water drawn up and given to me. The well from which I am given the water of life. How do I get this water? I come and drink.

This verse was one of the lines in the liturgy of the Wednesday healing and communion service at Holy Spirit Episcopal Church in Houston. It was my oasis in the drought of the week.

Sundays I went to the Contemporary Service, a good ole sing and some prayers. A time of worship. We stood to sing and we stood to pray. Well some people sat but I don't hold with that.

The Wednesday service was different. It was quiet. It was an agglomeration of people from all three Sunday services drawn together by a desire for the quenching waters of Christ. We came to the well to drink.

Often I did not go to the Wednesday service because I was working. Seldom did I not go when I had the opportunity. As a moth is drawn towards light I came to the light. I do not understand why moths go to light and I do not understand why I found it necessary to go to church on a Wednesday but I do know that there there was peace.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


Photograph desert_oasis_by_wonenownlee

No comments: