Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pecking Order


Our dogs fight. It irritates me. When my hand gets bitten as it did last week whilst I was trying to separate them during a fight it does a lot more than irritate me. It hurt. Usually they squabble because they cannot decide who is the boss, the alpha, the one who 'waters' the blade of grass first.There used to be a programme on BBC radio called "Does he take sugar?". It was a help for handicapped people. Sometimes we who are fit really do treat handicapped people as if they are not quite right in the head just because they maybe cannot see or hear or walk. So it was with Zechariah. He could not speak so rather than ask him what to call his son they asked his wife! Zechariah was only appealed to after the neighbours did not like his wife's answer.
This leads to two questions. Do I keep asking questions until I get the answer I want or am I prepared to listen to God straight away? Do I give people the respect they deserve or go by outward appearances?

No comments: