Saturday, December 10, 2011

Don't stop to think.


Our main route to Brussels is through a little forest. Between our village and the next town there is the deer warning sign. Deer can do a lot of damage to themselves and the car with which they coincide.
We were once driving between Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks at dusk when an elk decided that it had to cross the road. The driver of the car which hit the elk was really shaken. We do not know what happened to the elk as it turned and ran back into the forest.
I always hope, particularly at night that a deer does not cross my route because I would be doing too fast to prevent a casualty. Deer just don't STOP, LOOK, LISTEN before they cross the road. If they want to cross the road then cross they do.

What am I equally bent on achieving? What makes me put down everything so that I can concentrate on the ONE which keeps me going? What do I just HAVE to do? I hope it is no longer Sudoku. Hopefully for at least Advent it is sharing my stories of Jesus.

No comments: