Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Rich clothes for a festival.




You know what it is like. You see the sign "Closing Down. Everything must go" and all you can do is go in. I fell for that this summer. There was a dress in the window which I liked so in I went. Well the bright red dress in the window and I were not the same same and neither was another bright red dress but they did have a fawn one that fitted quite well. A very different sort of dress. It was a great bargain- a rich dress that I could afford. I bought it and wore it to the wedding.
Two versions of verse 4 are rich garments and festal clothes. Special clothes to signify our new relationship with God. The relationship that exists after he has taken off the clothing of our sin. I think this makes me want to wear my best clothes all the time.

No comments: