Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dust

Ezekiel 34:1-16
Psalm 119:145-176
1 John 2:12-17
Matthew 10:5-15


Matthew 10:5-15


Dust

Dust is a topic very close to my heart at present. On 28th March our linoleum was taken up from the kitchen floor. Since then we have lived in a sea of dust, though now it is rather shallow in most places. There however some areas which the vacuum cleaner has not yet attacked. Yesterday we had to have another tile cut and so that was another cloud of dust settling everywhere- especially where I had already cleaned. Since 28th March the kitchen cabinets have been sanded, re-sanded and smoothed again. From my cell at the kitchen table which had been relocated to the entrance hall it seemed as if the dust making carried on all month.
The thing about dust is that it gets everywhere and once there it wants to stay. You have to make a great big effort to shift it form its desired location, it seems to shout back to you " I landed here and this is where I am going to stay." The more you try to shake it off the harder it clings on.
You have to make a determined effort to get rid of the stuff. Just so with those irritating attitudes. What is keeping me from God? What attitudes do I have to make an effort to shake off?

No comments: