Saturday, May 24, 2008

Smoldering Wick

Proverbs 8:22-46
Psalm 20, 21
3 John 1:1-15
Matthew 12:15-21


Matthew 12:15-21

A small flicker of red maybe glowing at the end of black of a blackened thread. What more is a smoldering wick? Maybe a wisp of smoke. Yet this is potential life to Jesus.
There is always hope for smoldering wicks. Hope that they will reignite and produce a useful light. Light that can be used to lead others to his love and life.

I looked at these verse briefly last night on the computer hoping that during the night I might know what to write. This was the phrase that came to life. When I looked at the passages in my Bible this morning I saw that I had underlined this line a few years ago. Now I write the date when I highlight a passage and if there is some special significance I note of it in my special book.


No comments: