Thursday, February 2, 2012

Carrying a backpack

I like to ride to the train along the path beside the canal. it is peaceful. The journey to the station is easy, it is downhill but the way back is impeded by hills, two hills. One at Ittre and the other at Lembeek, just in Flanders. The Lembeek hill is a moderately gentle climb, it has never presented me with a problem. The Ittre hill is a different matter. When I stop to look into the lock of the canal it is almost so deep that I have to avert my eyes. I used to always have to get off my bike and walk the last part of the hill but since I discovered that I can fasten my backpack on the rack of the bike I have been able to ride all the way up the hill, albeit a little slowly and uncertainly with a lot of huffing and puffing sometimes. But I can do it without the bag on my back.
Now I need to think about what it is that is impeding my progress on my Christian journey. There maybe some huffing and puffing there too but I will make it- eventually.

No comments: