Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Great Fall


To read the whole of the passage Psalm 37: 19-42 click here

I was tired and hungry. We were walking between decaying offices, derelict buildings. The ground was strewn with debris cast to the ground either by time or vandal. In my mind I heard “Make sure you pick your feet up over those metal rods”. I forgot. I did not pick up my feet. I stumbled, I fell, headlong. I broke my elbow.  God was not holding my hand.

Or was it that I had not been holding his hand.  My concentration was on my hunger, not where my feet were treading. My feelings, not my actions were uppermost in my mind. So much so that I forgot to listen to the words in my head that would have prevented the fall. Yes I do believe that God is involved in the whole of our life but we do have to listen and obey.


Website for photograph
http://www.flickr.com/photos/infomatique/4649088634/sizes/m/in/photostream/

No comments: