Saturday, February 18, 2012

Relax and rejoice!

To read the whole of Psalm 33 click here 
When we read this psalm this morning verses 6 and 7 caught my attention. How God is in charge of the whole of creation. It reminded me of the gathering clouds before a hurricane but that will wait for another day. When I opened my Bible I saw that the last three verses were highlighted and dated, 23rd June 2008. I often do that. When a verse or two seem to say 'listen to me' I write the date, sometimes making a note of what they meant in the margin of my Bible or in my little journal book. I have not done this for a while.
I am glad that today I am reminded of how we can relax in the knowledge that God is in control, that he even helps us to rejoice as we move forward towards him. I needed to be reminded about this and just to make sure that I received the message loud and clear it was also the theme in our Closer to God book.
Relax and rejoice!

No comments: