Friday, February 24, 2012

Grouch, grouch

David was known as a man after God's own heart (Acts 13:22) yet he seems to do a lot complaining. Some people find it difficult to read Psalms because of David's open desire for vengeance. I am glad that the psalms record David's feelings. I grouch about people too. My problems are not as big as David's. I am queen of a very little empire, myself and two dogs with occasionally a husband and grown children condescending to be citizens. David was a real king. Real kings have real enemies.  King David told God how he felt. King David told God what he wanted to befall his enemies.
This is a psalm of 28 verses, 26 of which are David requesting God to give his self appointed enemies their comeuppance. 
Then there are the last two verses. 
He prays 
27 Let those who desire my vindication
   shout for joy and be glad,
   and say evermore,
‘Great is the Lord,
   who delights in the welfare of his servant.’ 
28 Then my tongue shall tell of your righteousness
   and of your praise all day long.



We can have our time of complaining to God. A time to tell Him what our imagination would like Him to do to those who 'seem to have a thing against us.' We can unload our burdens on God.
But we need to add the end to the story, a prayer for  those against us end praising God.


Yes, I think I have graduated to this stage for the inhabitants of Kessington Lane who sued us.

No comments: